ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award sale after claim

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by TonyS, Jul 10, 2019.

1. TonyS

TonyS Reader

I need to book a European trip mid June 2020 for me and 2 family members using AA miles for anytime business. I may have to use 180000 miles per one way ticket. If AA later has a summer sale on anytime awards (like this year) how can I take advantage and reduce the miles I am charged

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

If your dates are set in stone and there is availability, you can book what you need now. If space becomes available at a reduced rate, you'll just be charged a change fee (which I think is $150?). The fee is waived if you are an Executive Platinum member. Or, if there are any schedule changes (pretty likely out to June 2020), then you'd have the flexibility to make some changes and have fees waived as well.