ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Best Business Award Ticket from LAX to LHR

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Nicky Trekker, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Nicky Trekker

Nicky Trekker Reader

Hi friends I have a situation in which I would greatly appreciative your knowledge and expertise with.

I need to book a Business Class award ticket from LAX to LHR for myself and one companion. We need to arrive into LHR on Wednesday July 31st.

I’m looking for the best “bang for our buck” - we would prefer non-stop but are not opposed having to go through 1 city too.
    We have 2 million points on Amex Platinum Travel and 387,000 on Alaska Award Travel.

What are our best options for such?

Thank you so much!
    Nicky

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Hey Nicky! For specific flights/dates like this, your best options are probably going to be the ones with award space. Realistically, summer travel from California to Europe will require either a few connections, or pretty high surcharges, although if you wait to book until the day before sometimes there are more options.

This is the type of situation where I really like the JuicyMiles tool -- it should give you a sense of the options available, so you can decide on the tradeoffs.

OCTinPHL likes this.