ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Best travel CC for a young couple?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Pauls98, May 1, 2019.

1. Pauls98

Pauls98 New Member

I got asked the following question by a friend today and knew you guys were the best source for good advice: "What's the best credit card with travel benefits for a new couple in their mid 20's just starting out?" My understanding is the focus was on getting airline travel verses hotel rooms.
    Thanks!
    Pauls98

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I think Ben typically recommends the Sapphire Preferred but every situation is different. We usually ask folks specifically how they want to use their points. So if, for example, you're planning to use the points for domestic travel we might have one answer vs. someone who want premium cabin international travel.

3. Pauls98

Pauls98 New Member

Thank you! I did confirm the goal would be domestic travel, mostly in economy with an occasion "up front" trip as a treat.

4. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

If it's domestic travel then it's hard to beat the SW companion pass. They could alternate each getting the business & personal cards over a 4 year period to give a boost to the companion process and if each has the CSP to use for bonus categories then the URs can be transferred to SW too. That, of course, won't get them up front but 2-for-1 is a pretty good deal.

5. Pauls98

Pauls98 New Member

Thank you...only challenge with that is they live 3 hours from the nearest SW airport, which is Portland, Maine. I will certainly advise them of your advice. Based on what I just wrote, are you feeling CSP is the way to go? Thanks so much!