ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating Best way of getting from London to Singapore for a traveller with a physical disability

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Nstl, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Nstl

Nstl Reader

Hi all,

I’m looking to book a trip from London to Singapore for my parents, who are in their 70s. My mother has mobility issues, and will require assistance to get into her seat and to get to the bathroom, etc. Given the distance, I’m really nervous about this. I’m looking to book either business or premium economy, but need to consider the following:

- seat height and accessibility (plus height/ease of getting into a lie flat bed if applicable - it needs to be high)
    - bathroom accessibility and toilet height - again, height is key
    - assistance offered
    - pros and cons of direct vs connecting flight

Any advice or tips would be appreciated!

thanks!

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Hi Nstl,

I can't speak to the height of the seats and accessibility, but I wouldn't even be considering a connecting flight, given the background you wrote. That leaves British Airways and Singapore Airlines - which I'd take Singapore in a heartbeat since the service should be significantly better and more accomodating.

OCTinPHL likes this.