ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption British Airways upgrade requirements

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Richard Nakano, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Totally confused with British Airways...I thought that the simple question regarding the number of Avios points needed to upgrade SFO-LHR would be a no brainer. Traveling next March with tickets purchased. Can I use your chart? Also, does upgrading to the next class of service mean that I need a Premium Economy seat to upgrade to Business? Any clarification would really be appreciated. Thank you.

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Hi Richard, what chart are you referring to?

And yes, you can only upgrade 1 class with Avios. So pay for economy to upgrade to premium economy, pay for premium economy to upgrade to business, pay for business to upgrade to first