ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating Bulkhead or not? AA 737 (MAX) First Class

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Aviator, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Aviator

Aviator New Member

Hey all, I'll be flying on AA's 737 MAX first class (3-hour duration). Which seat is the best? Should I take the bulkhead row? How's the legroom there? What are the pros and cons?

In case the 737 MAX is still grounded, what about the 737-800? Is there a difference to your opinion above? Thanks!

2. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Active Member

I think the MAX is still grounded. Regardless, whether the MAX or the -800NG, taking the bulkhead in First is really a personal preference. How tall are you? At 5'9" I have no problem taking the bulkhead. A little less leg room, but also less crowded. And you can stretch out and rest your feet against bulkhead. Nice to stretch out like that on long flights. But you can't stow a bag at your feet for takeoff and landing. On red-eyes I like bulkhead windows as I can usually exit without waking the aisle passenger.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019