ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Cancelling Award Night Reservations with Hilton and IHG

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Ambystoma, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Ambystoma

Ambystoma New Member

I am curious if points always get re-deposited into your account if you cancel an award night reservation with either IHG hotels or Hilton hotels. I looked into the terms and conditions for both programs, and from what I can see they leave it open to their discretion whether to re-deposit the points or not. So, I was curious what people's experience has been with this; have your points always been re-deposited if you have to cancel a reward night reservation? Thanks in advance!

2. Cal

Cal Member

during a recent trip to Japan (July /August) i cancelled at both Hilton & IHG and had my points returned.

No Name and MidSouth Skier like this.
  3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

You're usually fine. What you want to pay attention to is the rate rules when you are booking a property. Those will spell out the cancellation policy for the hotel that you'll need to follow.

4. Ambystoma

Ambystoma New Member

How quickly were your points re-deposited?

5. Cal

Cal Member

Pretty fast. I can't recall exactly but I think almost immediately for Hilton and within a few days for IHG.