ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Great Fares / Hot Deals Cancelling BA ticket booked with AARP

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by srt8-blue, May 15, 2015.

1. srt8-blue

srt8-blue Reader

Hi Ben,

I have to cancel my booking made on BA.com recently with the AARP rates. But when I try to cancel it is trying to charge me $10 cancellation fee plus $500 per ticket to cancel. Is this right?

2. srt8-blue

srt8-blue New Member

I'm trying to cancel a trip recently booked on BA.com with the AARP rates. The fee to cancel is $10 cancellation fee plus $500 fee per person. Is this right???

Both outbound and inbound flights are on AA.

3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

@srt8-blue -- The cancellation fees are pegged to the fare rules, not to the AARP discount. Did you look at those before you booked?

4. srt8-blue

srt8-blue New Member

No, I did not. I would of never guessed the fee would of been $500 per ticket though.

5. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

@srt8-blue -- They vary, but that's not unusual for discounted international tickets. If there's any chance you might be able to take the trip you might want to look at changing the tickets instead. That can be more economical.

6. srt8-blue

srt8-blue New Member

Yes, I looked at that option also but it's still $500 per ticket just to change the dates.