ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Cathay pacific awards now found on american.com?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by winslowtdog, Sep 18, 2019.

1. winslowtdog

winslowtdog Reader

Cathay pacific awards now found on american.com?

Tiffany likes this.
  2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

3. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Active Member

As Lucky's post points out, you have to use the "old" search tool by clicking on Advanced / Multi-city Search. My understanding (perhaps mistaken) is that AA eventually wants to get rid of the old search engine in favor of the newer one which is identical (or is in appearance identical) to when searching by dollars and cents on AA.com. Apparently this move is desired to facilitate the move to dynamic award pricing. Anyone have any idea how AA is going to transition partner awards to the new tool?
    @Tiffany? @anyone...

4. RTBones

RTBones Member

Interesting. As someone based in the UK, my default engine comes up (naturally) as the UK AA website. I was able to search availability without needing switch tools, as the UK site comes up with the old tool by default. When I switch to the US site, results are different.