ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Chase business credit card

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by bsegovia14, May 16, 2019.

1. bsegovia14

bsegovia14 New Member

I applied for a Chase Ink business credit card (80K bonus). I have a decent Ebay business, and selected "sole proprietor" on the application using my name and social security #. The application requested a business name, and I used my last name and added "Ebay sales" (Segovia Ebay Sales). Several days later, I received a letter that requested name/address verification. I returned the envelope with a picture of my license/passport. After six weeks of waiting, I called Chase and was told they needed a document from the County Clerks office to verify the "Segovia Ebay Sales" existence or a "fictitious document". I obviously made a mistake by using the aforementioned business name as opposed to my name, and Chase' lending team employees were difficult to understand (heavy accents). Any suggestions on how to rectify the matter or should I reapply? Thank you in advance :)

2. Gia

Gia Well-Known Member

If I understand this, you gave the name of “Segovia eBay Sales” as your fictitious business name, correct? And, you do not have a fictitious business name on file with your local county clerk. You do not need a fictitious business name for eBay unless you have an eBay store. If you don’t have an eBay store, then I would tell Chase that you have no fictitious name on file. If you have an eBay store, you need to file for a fictitious business name. I’m sure Chase will work with you, just let them know what’s going on. I wouldn’t pull the application because sometimes banks require six months to reapply and regardless it will be another hard pull on your credit.

bsegovia14, rickyw and Gaurav like this.
  3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

In situations like this, your own name can be your business name, if you dont have a registered business.

Try asking Chase to correct your business name, admitting you made an error?

bsegovia14 likes this.