ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Chase won't refund Ultimate Reward points cxcld flight

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Greg in Chicago, May 13, 2020.

1. I bought a UA ticket to Mexico using Chase Ultimate Rewards points. UA (not me) cancelled the trip and the UA "Refund Status" page shows Refund completion date March 20, full refund with no penalties, form of payment for refund is credit card.

So it's been seven weeks since UA refunded the money but Chase won't put the points back into my account. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Clem

Clem Active Member

Hi Greg, did you reach out to Chase to ask?

3. James22

James22 Member

Hi Greg,

Did you "buy" the ticket directly from your Chase Ultimate Rewards account, or did you transfer the points from your Chase account to United? If the latter, then that's two separate transactions, 1) the transfer of points from Chase to UA, and then the purchase of your flight with UA points. If that's the case, UA won't post the points back to Chase as your transaction for the flight was using UA points to purchase the flight. If OTOH, you "bought" the ticket with UR points directly, UR should move the points back to your UR account.