ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Cheapoair false advertising

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by stephen brown, Mar 20, 2019.

1. stephen brown

stephen brown Reader

Cheapoair.com has been aggressively advertising NON-EXISTENT air fares from BOS to PDL for as low as $278 round trip. These fares DO NOT EXIST and never have ! NYTImes, Washington Post, and on other sites their pop up advertising shows these fares. Is anyone else angry with this false advertising ?!? What can we do to stop them ??
    Thank you-- Stephen Brown, a frequent flyer to TER in the Azores

2. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Active Member

Repeatedly click on the links without buying anything to drive up their ad costs? Otherwise just ignore....

Gia and Daniel B like this.
  3. Gia

Gia Well-Known Member

There was a time long, long ago when you could not block pop ups on a PC. Back then I was relentlessly pursued by Orbitz with the same kind of fake fares. It was so bad I pledged that I would never, ever do business with them and advised my friends and family the same. One is left to wonder if these ambush tactics work with anyone.

OCTinPHL and Gaurav like this.