ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Citi Premier 5x points targeted mailer

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by GuruJanitor, Jun 26, 2019.

1. GuruJanitor

GuruJanitor New Member

Hey Lucky and Tiffany,

I received a mailer yesterday from Citi for 5x points on purchases at home improvement stores, home furnishing stores, computer and electronic stores, and department stores through 9/30/19 on my Citi Premier card, have received nothing for my Prestige. Also capped at 2500 points earned.

T/Cs say nothing against purchasing gift cards at these stores.

I have never received one of these before, although am relatively new to the Citi TYP landscape. Seems like they are trying to compete with Amex offers in a way. Is this normal or new? Timing is curious with the negative changes announced the other day.

Anyways, just wanted to bring to your attention. Thanks much.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Citi does send out similar offers from time to time. I've received them for those categories plus paypal from time to time. Can be pretty useful.