ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Citi Prestige 4th Night Free Benefit

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Zach G, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Zach G

Zach G Reader

Hey Lucky,

Hope you're enjoying the massage chair in Dubai!

I have an interesting question about an upcoming trip to Africa. I've been eyeing the Citi Prestige card for a while, but have yet to bite. My trip has me staying 4 nights at the Four Seasons in Serengeti. While I've read on your site that the fourth night free benefit can be used for AAA or government rates, do you think that the benefit can be applied for packages/rates that are actually more expensive than the BAR?

There is a package that includes meals and safari drives, which costs more than the BAR. I would like to use the 4th night benefit for this stay.

Thanks so much for all your daily posts!

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Hey Zach! It might depend on the property. I used the Prestige to book all-inclusive rates in the Maldives, and I think Mike is using it for a safari package at another hotel in Africa, so it's potentially possible.

No Name likes this.
  3. chesterwilson

chesterwilson New Member

Which Safari lodge in Africa was this?

4. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Hi @chesterwilson, and welcome! He was looking at Sabi Sand -- there are several lodges there.

5. chesterwilson

chesterwilson New Member

Oh good to know, looking at Sabi Sands as well!

6. jaywalker

jaywalker New Member

Hi Lucky/Tiffany,

Here is a technical question on the CitiPrestige 4th-night-free:

What are the limits to using the 4th-night-free's in the context of long-stays in a particular city?
    Example: suppose we plan for 9 nights in one city.... are the following options feasible?

(A) book first 4 nights under CitiPrestige (receive 4th-nf); book 5th night independently; book last 6th-9th nights under CitiPrestige again (and receive 9th-nf)

(B) just as in (A) but using different hotels

Lastly, does 4nf apply to short-stays with multiple rooms e.g. 2 rooms over 2 nights?

Looking forward to your wisdom. Thanks a mil!

7. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

A and B will both work. You can get it once per stay so both options will accomplish that. Last scenario does not work. Reservations must be for four nights and the benefits only apply to one reservation at a time at a property.

Tiffany likes this.
  8. jaywalker

jaywalker New Member

Hi Gaurav - thank you very much!
    Good weekend

9. yaboobie

yaboobie Member

So Currently Four Season Tanzania is offering a fourth night free under their own promos

10. David W

David W Well-Known Member

@yaboobie welcome! That 4th night free promo can't be combined with the CitiPrestige 4th night free since in both cases it's the 4th night that's free. Citi's stipulation is that the 4th night room rate is refunded, regardless of the prices of other nights in the reservation.

11. Jamaal

Jamaal New Member

Were you able to book this using the benefit? If so, did you provide the specific property or did they give you several options? Thanks

12. Jamaal

Jamaal New Member

Was this ever confirmed?

13. chesterwilson

chesterwilson New Member

No they wouldn't allow it due to it being a safari property.