ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption CONSOLIDATED: Questions on booking Etihad First and Business with AA miles

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kathy, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Tried for 1 J seat with a R/T leaving 12/1 and returning 12/16 and you're right it does work. Haven't noticed this before. @Tiffany does this have to do with EY marrying segments in some way?

@Abeer Agrawal do you have any TYP you can transfer and book with?

2. Abeer Agrawal

Abeer Agrawal New Member

@Gaurav Business, one person.

Who could I book with using TYP? I have a fair number

3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

My guess is that's phantom space. If agents can't see it, and it's only visible as part of return routing, I'd wonder about it actually being bookable.

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Well you could transfer your TYP to EY and book directly but check what Tiffany mentions above. I would call EY and make sure the space is actually available before making any irreversible transfers.

5. Abeer Agrawal

Abeer Agrawal New Member

Thanks, probably what I'll end up doing.

6. Abeer Agrawal

Abeer Agrawal New Member

7. Justyna

Justyna New Member

Hi guys just tried to book first class using AA via AUS - a no go- anyone has an update ? Maybe they also do not see the availability?id be grateful for any tips

8. Tiffany

Welcome @Justyna! Can you give us more details on what you're trying to book?

9. Justyna

Justyna New Member

Hi was trying to book F from LHR to SYD 12/28 for 1 person

10. Tiffany

Gaurav likes this.
  11. Justyna

Justyna New Member

12. Sergey

Sergey New Member

We are flying in F/J TPA-DFW-AUH-SYD. Am I correct that I don't have an access to AA Admirals club in TPA and DFW, because EY is not oneworld partner?

13. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Correct, unfortunately, unless you have an AA Executive or Citi Prestige card.

14. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I have EY F AUH-JFK for October 2016 that is on request for ticketing and has been that way for a couple of months now. I know it takes a while but do I have a reason to worry if it hasent ticketed by March 22? AA wouldnt increase the number of miles needed since i requested ticketing WAY before March 22nd, would it? Lastly, is there a way to expedite ticketing?

15. Tiffany

@David W -- Nah, you should be fine. If you're worried, you can always give them a call and make sure the ticket is set up correctly for ticketing.

16. David W

Thanks Tiffany! I called maybe once every 2-3 weeks since requesting and i was told each time its setup fine and in the queue for ticketing. This was just a random thought that crossed my mind when i woke up this morning

17. Sergey

Sergey New Member

Why does it take so long? Is it normal? My flight on EY is in 2 days and I'm monitoring F availability (my spouse in J currently), but honestly I'm afraid to make any changes so close to departure due to potential ticketing issues.

18. David W

I've changed my sisters EY flights a few times and each time it was ticketed in 48 hours or less...i guess if space opens up and its so close to departure, you could ask that the ticket be expedited? I think @Tiffany mentioned that. She also mentioned having trouble with some changes so I'm not entirely sure what you should do.

19. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

@Sergey - I used AA miles to book a ticket on Fiji Air awhile back and it took months to ticket. Could be because I booked nearly a year in advance so it wasn't high in the priority queue. As I recall it was finally in the May-June time that it ticketed my October trip.

20. Sergey

Sergey New Member

I am monitoring my flight on EY (DFW-AUH-SYD), leaving on 3/11 (tomorrow). I want to upgrade my wife and daughter from J to F. I see that AUH-SYD released all F seats for awards, while DFW-AUH still doesn't (3 seats are for sale). Am I correct that EY wouldn't release these seats to awards? It seems that they release all seats in 48 hours, so if it is <24 hours before departure, than it's not going to happen. I called AA to upgrade my family at least AUH-SYD segment, but I have to pay a difference in miles for all segments (i.e, US-AUH and AUH-SYD). I asked if I can split reservation in 2 parts (US-AUH and AUH-SYD), since the total price is cumulative, but agent said it would mean that I changed a final destination that would result a $150/ticket fee (I'm not elite member with AA).