ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Coronavirus safety

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by roslyn Sydney, Feb 1, 2020.

1. roslyn Sydney

roslyn Sydney Reader

My husband & I (70 & 68) are flying China Eastern Sydney to London end March, stopover Shanghai for 6 hours. Will we be safe from Coronavirus if we dont leave the airport. Thank you

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Hi Roslyn,

Theoretically you should be fine, but only you can make a call based on how comfortable you are travelling through China at this time. I know that Ben re-routed his trip significantly to avoid transiting through China, and he outlined his thinking here:

https://onemileatatime.com/canceling-flights-through-china/

3. Gia

Gia Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t pull the plug on your plans right now since there is plenty of time to assess the spread and containment of the virus between now and then. Hopefully it will not get worse. One thing I always judged during the previous viruses like Ebola and SARS, is if I were to get infected would I feel comfortable being treated in the country through which I was transiting? You have to factor into the equation that if you develop a fever and symptoms enroute you may be denied boarding for your outgoing flight.

OCTinPHL likes this.