ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Destinations / Itineraries Daytime NYC to Paris flights

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Eli Strauss, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Eli Strauss

Eli Strauss Reader

hi lucky
    Not sure if you’ve answered this already but do you know why there aren’t any daytime flights from NYC to Paris? I always prefer to avoid overnight flights and take the daytime flights to London but I’m still waiting for Paris

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Probably to maximize connections, maybe there aren't a ton of connecting flights out of Paris late in the evening, which is when an eastbound daytime flight from NYC would land.

Gia likes this.
  3. Gia

Gia Well-Known Member

Agree with Ricky. I’m guessing they couldn’t fill the planes with just local JFK passengers. All the rest of us who must travel to connect there wouldn’t be willing to spend the night at JFK in order to make an early morning departure.

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I know the night flights allow time to be maximized but I'm taking a day flight to London next month and am quite excited in the hope that it will allow skipping jet lag for a short trip. Fingers crossed.

5. RTBones

RTBones Member

I hear you. Over the years, I have grown to really like the early ORD-LHR flight. Gets you in late evening, so you are primed to sleep not long after arrival making the next day much easier.