ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Delta/AMEX Gold Card $50 Statement Credit

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Egredior, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Egredior

Egredior Reader

Hi Lucky, thank you for such an amazing website! I recently applied for and was given a Delta/ AMEX gold card with a 50,000 mile sign up bonus. One of the other bonuses is a $50 statement credit on Delta purchases in the first three months. In the past it has been recommended to get a gift card if one is not going to be travelling right away in order to qualify. Looking at the new restrictions, however, I don't think a Delta gift card purchase qualifies for the statement credit anymore. Am I reading this correctly and are there any suggestions on what else could be purchased? Thank you so much. -Aaron

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Daniel B and Egredior like this.
  3. Egredior

Egredior New Member

rickyw likes this.
  4. Daniel B

Daniel B Active Member

I did that twice with two separate DL/Amex accounts and both times worked and got the credits within 2 days.

Egredior likes this.
  5. Egredior

Egredior New Member

Awesome and thanks for the reply! I ordered one yesterday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'll be sure to comment whether it works or not.

6. Egredior

Egredior New Member

Just a follow up, I ordered a Delta gift card, which for some reason had free next day shipping but would have cost around $6 for normal shipping. The next day the card arrived via UPS. A couple days after receiving the card I did get a statement credit on my account, so apparently ordering gift cards through Delta will still earn the statement credit. Thanks to everyone who replied, much appreciated! :)

Daniel B likes this.
  7. Daniel B

Daniel B Active Member

@Egredior: you could have just bought an e-card with instant "delivery" :)))

8. Egredior

Egredior New Member

Lol, yeah, I know, but sometimes I prefer analog to digital. Instead of getting lost amongst a million e-mails I have a card sitting in the same spot I keep my passport and other travel related items, ready for when I need it. :)