ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Delta Gold AmEx Bonus Claw-back?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Tosa Joe, Aug 12, 2019 at 4:28 PM.

1. Tosa Joe

Tosa Joe Reader

I obtained the Delta Gold card in October and promptly earned the bonus miles. I have been using the card off and on since then. Recently, my traveling habits changed significantly and I now will be flying almost exclusively on United. If I choose not to pay the Delta Gold card $95 annual fee this fall and let the card lapse, will AmEx claw-back those bonus miles?

2. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Active Member

No. But anecdotally I have heard that Amex may not approve you for future cards with bonuses IF you make it a habit of cancelling Amex cards after getting a bonus. But one time is not a habit.