ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Do I tip the waiters in airline lounge restaurants?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Joe smith, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Joe smith

Joe smith Reader

Going on a trip soon and are going to eat at the sit-down part in the United Polaris lounge. I know tipping at the US in restaurants is customary and I am just wondering if you tip the waiters there? Sorry if this is a stupid question but u just don’t know.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

3. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Active Member

I recently left $10 after dining in AA's FFD at LAX. I dined at the bar, had 2 glasses of wine, a soda, an app and an entree. Great service. Certainly worth the tip.

Rob in Miami likes this.
  4. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

I tipped in AA's Flagship First Dining as well, but I had an extended layover in JFK a few months ago and ended up having both breakfast and lunch there. $20 seemed pretty low, but that's all the cash I had in my wallet.

Rob in Miami likes this.
  5. Gia

Gia Well-Known Member

I tip bartenders in the lounges and waiters when having a meal in Flagship First dining.

Rob in Miami likes this.