ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Do you know if Delta changed the SkyMiles redemption rate for their own metal?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Sam Jess, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Sam Jess

Sam Jess Reader

Hi Lucky,
    Do you know if Delta changed the SkyMiles redemption rate for their own metal ? I am looking at DXB to ATL, both directions and the rate showing up is 162,500 for one way form now till Feb 2016

Also it seems they no longer release any saver space on any routes to Europe for their own metal ....

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Sam Jess -- That sounds like a mid-level award price. As far as saver availability to Europe goes, it all depends on the city pair.

3. Sam Jess

Sam Jess Reader

@Lucky : Thank you for the awesome fast response. I have looked till the end of the schedule and there is not a single 1-sest availability for ATL-DXB. or ATL-CDG or ATL-LHR , not even from JFK on any delta flight. Is that normal ? Wha's the use of saver rewards anyway if they aren't available ... are they mocking us ?

4. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Sam Jess -- It's definitely tougher than it used to be, unfortunately.