ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Doha airport lounges

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kazi, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Kazi

Kazi Reader

Hi Lucky:
    I found your coverage of the Oryx lounge at Doha airport very useful because l badly need to know how l pass a lengthy stopover at the airport very early in the new year.
    Here are some questions:
    1. How much do they charge at the Oryx lounge ?
    2. Any other lounges available that are not too expensive ?
    3. If we choose to take a taxi to nearby hotels, do l need to learn Arabic ?

l would greatly appreciate a response ASAP.

sincerely,

‘Kazi

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Kazi,

I can't speak to the Oryx lounge question, but I can almost guarantee you'll be fine using English in a taxi from Doha Airport. Careem is a ride-sharing app similar to Uber that is very prominent in the Middle East, if you'd rather.

Simple Arabic words like Shukran (thank you) might go a long way, but you'll be fine. You can have Google Translate loaded on your phone if you are concerned, too.

No Name and MidSouth Skier like this.