ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!


Dual Citizenship Travel

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Warren123456, Nov 5, 2019.

  1. Warren123456

    Warren123456 Reader

    Hello all,
    I am going to be traveling to Canada soon and was looking to try out using my French passport in conjunction with my US one. I was wondering which passport I should enter into the online flight information, given that it is a round trip flight and I will be entering each country on a different passport. I haven't seen any information on this quite yet and I'm confused. I understand that I show the French passport at check in the US and the US passport at check in in Canada, but I was unsure with online check in.
  2. Tiffany

    Tiffany One Mile At A Time

    Likes Received:
    Hi Warren, where are you traveling to Canada from? If it's from the US, I would probably just use the US passport for the roundtrip, unless you have a reason for not doing so.

    In general you have to use your US passport to enter the US, and have to use your EU passport to enter the EU. It doesn't necessarily matter which you use to enter Canada, but for online check-in you're only entering your passport info for the upcoming segments, not for the return.
  3. Owen

    Owen Member

    Likes Received:
    If you use the French passport to enter Canada, you’ll have to register for your Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) on-line. It’s just easier to use your US passport upon entry into Canada.
    Tiffany likes this.