ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Dubai hotel category issues

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Arnon, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Arnon

Arnon Reader

Hi Ben,
    I am currently spending the month in Dubai and am having issues where both hotels where I stayed (Raffles and Andaz Palm) have classified my stay as “professional services“ and not “lodging”. As a result one does not earn the extra chase sapphire bonus from being in travel category. Furthermore, as a world of hyatt visa card holder, one is supposed to receive 4x points when staying at Andaz, but I only received 1x points, likely because of their wrong category.
    You may want to point this to your readers. I am communicating with Chase to solve the issue with Andaz because world of hyatt visa 4x bonus is determined only by stay at Hyatt property and not by credit card category. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Arnon

p.s. both hotels are wonderful: the Andaz takes tops for the location and the Raffles for the food and service