ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Earliest Time Qatar Airways Check-In Desk Opens at MUC

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Daniel S, May 17, 2019.

1. Daniel S

Daniel S New Member

Hey everyone. I'm flying Qsuites from MUC-DOH on June 28. My flight from BCN-MUC arrives at 9:00 AM and my MUC-DOH flight doesn't depart until 4:55PM. I'll have bags for check-in. Will a check-in desk be open at around 9:00AM or would I need to wait the usual 3 hours before flight to check my bag? Thanks in advance!

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

What airline are you flying from BCN? Is BCN-MUC-DOH on one ticket? At the check in desk at BCN, let them know your final destination is DOH and ask if they can thru check your bag. Agent may be able to do so even if you have separate tickets.

3. Daniel S

Daniel S New Member

I’ll be flying Vueling from BCN-MUC and is on a completely different itinerary. I’m doubtful they’ll be able to have my bag go all the way to DOH. Let me know your thoughts.

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Vueling is actually a listed code share partner of QR (https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/partners-codeshare.html). It's worth asking your check in agent although it can be ymmv for a check through. Other options might be to check to see if there are earlier QR flights where they would open the counters or if the airport has an area where for paid luggage storage.

5. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

You might be okay because of this early flight...

upload_2019-5-19_18-53-51.png

Ben Holz likes this.
  6. Ben Holz

Ben Holz Member

Yes, as @rickyw noted there is a QR flight departing at ~10am. You should be able to make it in time before the check in desk closes