ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Great Fares / Hot Deals Eating $150 deposit fee on BA 'fare sale'?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by theBOAT, Apr 14, 2015.

1. theBOAT

theBOAT Reader

Hi Lucky,

I'm going to join the chorus of folks asking about the BA 'fare sale' :)

My positioning flight award hold using AA miles expires tomorrow, and I'd really rather not eat the $150 redeposit fee if BA up and cancels my reservation. My gut is saying that since they've not come out and even acknowledged the problem, they just might leave the tickets as-is...

Is this wishful thinking?

Thanks,
    theBOAT

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ theBOAT -- Could go either way. Unfortunately don't have anything further to add. Reasonably I think they have a duty to say something by now if they weren't planning on honoring it, but it's also BA. I'd feel fairly comfortable booking, and worse case scenario $150 isn't *that* much downside.