ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption ELAL 787 Buisness class

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Noah, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Noah

Noah New Member

I want to redeem Qantas miles for an ELAL 787 biz class ticket, from TLV-EWR. The dates I want they don't have any availability, all they have available is economy, does anyone know of a way to upgrade? Is there a way to buy or use miles to upgrade?

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Well, if you buy your ticket directly from ELAL, you'd need ELAL miles/points to upgrade if there is space.

You could use QF miles to purchase the ticket in economy and hope business class space opens up and then changing your ticket.

3. Noah

Noah New Member

I thought of that, it's just elal charges significantly more, I don't think they have space either, and they have fuel surcharges

4. Mikey91

Mikey91 New Member

I booked economy on ElAl's 787 with Qantas-there were no business or premium economy available with points. If seats open for upgrade (expertflyer Class R), can I use El Al Matmid points for the upgrade-even though I booked the initial economy seats with Qantas points?

5. David W

David W Well-Known Member

No, if you booked with Qantas, you'd need Qantas to upgrade and it'll be based on Qantas's upgrade rules.