ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating Emirates Cairo to Auckland (hotel layover?)

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Malc, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Malc

Malc Member

Hi Lucky, if I went from Cairo to Auckland in Business or First (might scrape enough points together for the latter), there'd be a nine-hour overnight layover in Dubai between flights. Is Emirates obligated to put me up in a hotel for that, or would they just expect me to hang round the lounge? Thanks, Malc

2. Sean M.

Sean M. Member

Emirates will offer the "Dubai Connect" service (which is essentially a hotel room + meals + transfers + visa if required) to Biz/First pax whose layover is between 6 hours and 24hrs, and whose flights are the best available connection by schedule.

Note that this only applies if you are ticketed on EK or QF ticket stock. Award tickets issued by other partners are not eligible for this service (but like most things with Emirates, you may get lucky on the day).

Lucky and Tiffany like this.
  3. Malc

Malc Member

Great, thanks very much for that.