ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Great Fares / Hot Deals Flight from Hong Kong to Auckland

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Monica, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Monica

Monica New Member

Dear Lucky,

I am a university student who will fly to Auckland from Hong Kong in August. Do you have any suggestion for the flight arrangement? Thanks a lot.

Monica

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

@Monica where are you based and do you already have significant balances in any frequent flyer programs? I assume this will be a paid flight? When using your miles, where/how are you hoping to use them? All these things can influence what may be the best program for you to choose.

Monica and Tiffany like this.
  3. Monica

Monica New Member

Thanks for your kind help.
    I have lived in Shenzhen, China for the past 4 years and do have miles accumulated in Skyteam and Star Alliance during business trips.

4. MidSouth Skier

Is this a paid trip and you're wondering where to credit the miles? Or are you looking for an award seat?

5. Monica

Monica New Member

It is a paid trip and it is a flight for me to start my university in Auckland.

6. MidSouth Skier

@Monica
    I used Kayak to research and it looks like Korean Air is going to be your cheapest option, at least for a 1-way economy ticket. They're SkyTeam but this flight has an overnight in in Seoul.

However, Expedia is showing a business class fare that's actually cheaper. It's a mix of Asiana, Korean and Emirates and is 19h 35m travel time. It's got 2 connections but is half the travel time of the 1-stop.