ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption flying blue

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by flying blue, Jun 5, 2015.

1. flying blue

flying blue Reader

anybody ever get a message with a flying blue booking "query is too complex"

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

@ flying blue -- All the time. Their engine is terrible. Try searching from hub to hub, as a start, then maybe adding one extra segment?

3. joseph m

joseph m New Member

i did that! i searched tlv-jfk and i chose the stopver in cdg. it is because the account holder doesnt have the same name as the passenger? but when i did the outbound segment i had no issue.

4. Tiffany

@joseph m -- Yeah, it's not just you. FlyingBlue is literally the worst sometimes.

You can call (which is awful), or just keep trying. The website will randomly error out and then magically fix itself. I haven't been able to figure out what triggers the issues, but it's not having different names as far as I can tell.

5. joseph m

joseph m New Member

i tried calling and they told me i needed to go to the airport, i said seriously!
    i even had them try and book over the phone. What a pain, surprised more isnt being said on the blogs.

6. Tiffany

@joseph m -- Did they give you a confirmation number to go to the airport with? FlyingBlue is randomly "auditing" accounts and requiring folks to present proof of ID when they go to ticket. That's a different issue than the website just not functioning.

7. joseph m

joseph m New Member

yes they gave me a confirmation and every time i book it and call in they are saying i need to ticket it at the airport.

8. Tiffany

@joseph m -- Ah, yes, that's different then.

Unfortunately there isn't a workaround for this one that I've found. It's part of this issue, and the only option is to go to the airport to ticket. You need to show your ID and credit card, and basically prove that it's you using your miles. It's annoying.

chancepress likes this.
  9. joseph m

joseph m New Member

got it thx

10. joseph m

joseph m New Member

I figured it out! I went on incognito mode and it ticketed instantly!

MidSouth Skier likes this.