ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Getting Marriott Platinum benefits when staying using “no status point”

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Daniel B, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Daniel B

Daniel B Active Member

I am a lifetime platinum premier member. My wife has no status with Marriott but has lots of points through the use of her Marriott credit card. If she books stays using HER points, and I am staying with her in the room as a guest, is there a way of getting the benefits of my status during those stays (like specifically the free breakfast)? Thank you

2. JCP

JCP New Member

Book the room in her name. Add your name to the reservation. Then check in using your credentials. You can also call the hotel in advance and switch to your credentials.

Or transfer points from her to you

Daniel B likes this.
  3. Daniel B

Daniel B Active Member

Thanks. Are you sure that I could check in under my credentials when the points would be deducted from her account? As for the point transfer from an account like her the limit would be 50k per year. Next time when I stay at a Marriott hotel, I will certainly ask them just to be sure.