ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

getting sick on a trip

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by grantg, Jun 22, 2020.

1. grantg

grantg Reader

Hello,
    Seeing that Ben took a recent trip, it made me curious. What happens if you are on a trip, will travel insurance either via Chase or say Alliance cover expenses if you become ill? I understand they will not cover cancellation if you cancel because you are afraid.
    thanks.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I'm part of a ski club and we're already booking trips for next ski season. We've already been told that pandemics are NOT covered under trip insurance like Allianz.

Gia likes this.
  3. Gia

Gia Well-Known Member

You better have good health insurance coverage if you are in a high risk group and plan on taking an international trip anytime between now and the time when effective vaccines are in wide use and herd immunity is reached. These trip insurance companies will not cover COVID.

Gaurav and Yukon like this.
  4. JameCurious

JameCurious New Member

Yes, insurance coverage is better while planning to trip, due to COVID-19 we don't have guarantee on our lives, so safety measures are important before going to anywhere.

5. Yukon

Yukon Member

Last week I called Chase Sapphire reserve travel insurance representative and I also called Alliance and both told me that if you get sick you will be covered just like you would getting sick another infection. But if you cancel because you are afraid of being sick due to the pandemic you will not get reimbursed. Did they tell you something different? Do you believe Cancel for any reason is the only viable insurance then?

6. Kathrin Rogers

Kathrin Rogers New Member

I agree with Yukon,
    Allianz will cover you if you get sick but not if you cancel your flight because of Covid concerns.

7. Gia

Gia Well-Known Member

Claims due to known, foreseeable, or expected events, epidemics, government prohibitions, warnings, or travel advisories or fear of travel are generally not covered, and coverage can vary by state.”
    Lifted from Allianz Website.

Gaurav likes this.
  8. Kathrin Rogers

Kathrin Rogers New Member

I would call Allianz. I when I spoke with them they said they would pay in case of Covid sickness.