ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Haneda Lounge food poisoning when flying Qatar

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by W1230, Feb 10, 2019.

1. W1230

W1230 Reader

To anyone who can help, I have a question which I hope someone can chime in on.

A few days ago I flew from Tokyo Haneda to Doha on Qatar Airways with a 15 hour layover and then a connecting flight. At Tokyo I went to their contract lounge where I ate some food. I unfortunately got food poisoning from the lounge and on my flight from Tokyo to Doha (which is about 12 hours long), I kept throwing up which started after some turbulence.
    After arriving in Doha I went to a hospital where I got medications and was forced to book a room at the transit hotel at Doha airport, where I stayed until my connecting flight.
    My question is whether I should complain to Qatar Airways or the lounge at Tokyo Haneda as well (which is a contract lounge)? Should I expect compensation? If so, from where and how much? (For the record, i was in business class, incase that should affect my compensation amount).

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

I'd start with the lounge in Tokyo. Good luck!