ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Hotels Heads Up: CCarlson has started to charge fees for cancelling your reservation as of May 1st

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by dean, Apr 14, 2015.

1. dean

dean Reader

@ Lucky
    Just a heads-up, it looks like CCarlson has started to charge fees for cancelling your reservation as of May 1st. Perhaps it just happened to be my hotel, but I tried a few bookings thru Apr. and I could cancel up to 6pm the day I check-in, w/ no fees. Come 5/1, it’s the full cost of the stay. I did try 3 different price points, not just promotional ones as well….

yet another thing for CCarlson to go down the drain faster…

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ dean -- How far in advance are you trying to cancel?

3. dean

dean Reader

@lucky re: CCarlson cancel fees

I did sample bookings today and did faux bookings for may 1-2 and may 1-3. Just before I finalized it said there was a fee for ALL cancellations. That's why I tried different types of rooms/promos/non-promo/etc. If I booked apr. 29/30, no fee for same promo.

4. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ dean -- Interesting, I'll take a look.

Traveler likes this.