ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

How to bid for business class seats

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Angel Rincon, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Angel Rincon

Angel Rincon New Member

Hi there everyone,
    I will be flying from JFK to Paris with a stop in Helsinki I have basic fare tickets for my family of 5 wife and 3 kids I want to know what's the best way to bid for business class tickets this is our first time flying to Europe and I want to make it a good memory for the kids without spending a crazy amount of money. By the way o got this tickets for $300 us dollars, thanks everyone!!!

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Depends what airline you're flying, which airline issued the ticket, and what points you have. Can you provide a bit more info?

Basic fare might mean that your tickets are not upgradable. Depending on the airline, you might be able to pay for extra legroom seating. If it IS upgradable, you may have to pay miles+cash. AirFrance sometimes lets you buy upgrades at check in or at the counter.

3. Angel Rincon

Angel Rincon New Member

Its finnair, it's my first time flying with them and don't have any points. I went on their website and it does give me the option to upgrade but I fly until March 2dn.

4. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Gia and Rob in Miami like this.