ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption How to redeem for family for Singapore?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by MMM, Sep 20, 2016.

1. MMM

MMM Member

Hi,
    I'm wondering if and how I can book Singapore awards for family once I transfer points over from my Ultimate Rewards to my Krisflyer account? Can I then ticket it in their name while in my Krisflyer or have to move the points to their Krisflyer account? Thanks!

2. PhatMiles

PhatMiles Active Member

KrisFlyer uses what is called "Redemption Nominee".
    Basically you can have 5 redemption nominees in your account. You cannot change a nominee for 6 months. Deleting a nominee costs miles/money.
    I personally limit redemption nominees info to be spouse & immediate family only.

upload_2016-9-20_14-11-35.png

Source: https://goo.gl/hmT2Gr

Tiffany likes this.
  3. MMM

MMM Member

Thanks @PhatMiles! So best wait until I'm ready to book someone before I add them to my nominee list. But after 6 months, we can delete them for free correct?

4. PhatMiles

PhatMiles Active Member

My understanding is it always costs to delete. You CANNOT do any changes for the 1st 6 months after you added.

Tiffany likes this.