ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Hyatt Reapply

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Cole, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Cole

Cole Member

So i currently have the old Hyatt card. I got an offer for 5k points to upgrade, but that isnt a good offer at all. I want to cancel the old card and then apply for the new card. How long should i wait after i cancel to apply for the new card? Thanks in advance.

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

3. Cole

Cole Member

I know im eligible, the question more so was how long to wait to reapply.

4. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Well-Known Member

I think what @rickyw is saying is that if you are eligible for the bonus there is no need to wait. To take it a step further, I don't think your chances of receiving the new signup bonus increases by waiting longer - though YMMV.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    rickyw likes this.
  5. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Lucky usually waits about a month and has not had issues, so that's what I'd go with.