ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Industry News / Opinions If you were Boeing CEO?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by WorldTravellerPlus, Apr 9, 2019.

1. WorldTravellerPlus

WorldTravellerPlus New Member

Hi guys,

According to this article:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/08/...&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage&section=Business

The 737 MAX problems are a result of cramming new technology into an old design. Boeing has done this for decades and now it seems the problems are coming home to roost.

I was going to ask Lucky about writing a column about what would he do if he were Boeing CEO; however I'll post it to this forum as well?

Would you put out some quick fixes for the 737 MAX and hope they work (seems to be what they're doing now)?

Or do you accept that the 50 year old design of the 737 is reaching its limit and/or the 737 brand has been critically damaged; therefore build a new narrowbody to compete with the A320neo?