ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

infant in arms on award tickets

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by ma'am, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ma'am

ma'am Reader

https://onemileatatime.com/infant-award-travel/

this post is definitely in need of updating, it's been nearly FIVE years since it addressed lap infants!
    i last flew with my son in business class on lufthansa using united miles and am now trying to repeat this--flying in business class on qatar using american miles.

i'm getting mixed messages from the customer service reps trying to price this for me. one saying it wasn't allowed at all because they american ended its agreement with qatar to issue revenue tickets and that since the infant can't use miles, it has to be priced as a revenue "ticket" (this was confusing to me as he's traveling on MY ticket)
    can anyone shed some light on their experience with this?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Hi! All the policies in the post are current -- we update that table when/if anything changes.

That being said, I believe you got a bad agent at American. They do still have an eTicketing agreement with Qatar as a fellow oneworld airline, and should be able to issue and infant ticket. Infant tickets are in fact revenue tickets (they are paying 10% of the adult fare), so that part is correct. I would call back!