ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating Inflight meal quality vs ground restaurant comparison

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Matt78, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Matt78

Matt78 Reader

Hi Lucky,

I do most of my flying in economy and am looking forward to trying premium cabin flying and was wondering how the quality and taste of their meals compare with medium to high priced restaurants on the ground?

Thanks,

Matt78

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I've had some very good meals in flight but ultimately in flight dining is always going to suffer just because of chemistry and human physiology. So a comparable meal on the ground is likely to always taste better.

3. Gia

Gia Well-Known Member

The dinner entree's are all re-heated food. The beef is always overcooked and tough IMO. Relative to food in economy, it's fabulous. Relative to fine dining restaurants, it's a distant second. That said, it's vastly improved in the past decade. And they give you plenty to eat. I've never had a bad meal on my international Business or First class flights.

MidSouth Skier likes this.
  4. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member