ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Intercontinental (San Diego)

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Paul Whelan, May 30, 2020.

1. Paul Whelan

Paul Whelan New Member

I had a stay booked for early May here that was obviously called off. The room I had booked was for around $300 a night (maybe a wee bit more). I was exploring booking the same room at the same time next year and saw that the room was now closer to £600 a night. Apologies for the naive question, but is this something you would expect? So far in advance that prices are hiked to the max and may come down? Pretty much any dates in 2021 are as astronomically high. Just wondered what your take was on this.

Ta!

Paul

2. Kair

Kair New Member

No I wouldn't expect that. If you have no flexibility with property or dates, I would recommend to make a fully refundable reservation and continue to monitor the price change to secure better pricing.