ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

International Refunds

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Zach_808, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Zach_808

Zach_808 New Member

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping to get some input from other travels. In April we booked travel to Germany for a week in early December with AA. Due to financial struggles during covid we of course would prefer a refund over a voucher. Currently we're not even allowed to travel to Germany due to their restrictions so I will have to call and cancel the flight shortly for that reason and also because the flight is currently not cancelled.

My fear is AA will push hard for a voucher. Does anyone have experience receiving a cash refund for international travel where the flight was not cancelled but you're no longer allowed to travel (except under strict circumstances) to the destination?

I'm also curious if anyone has experienced international flight cancellations recently and how close to the departure date was it cancelled? I can't imagine AA is still flying all of their scheduled flights from April with the so few amount of people being allowed to travel to the EU.

2. RTBones

RTBones Active Member