ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Is having the MAX as the scheduled aircraft a reason for AA to grant a full refund?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Aviator, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Aviator

Aviator New Member

Thank you!

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@Aviator I'm confused. The Max is not currently flying any routes so you would be hard pressed to justify asking for a refund.

Aviator and Tiffany like this.
  3. Aviator

Aviator New Member

@Gaurav Sorry for being unclear, I meant that it's scheduled on my flights. They might change it later, but right now it lists as 737 max

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I guess you could ask but I imagine they would immediately say it's not being flown on that plane which would negate the reason for a refund. If and when the plane comes back into service it will be certified safe again and given AA's attitude before the grounding I'd find it unlikely that they would make accommodations.

Aviator likes this.
  5. Aviator

Aviator New Member

Good point @Gaurav. Thanks heaps! :)

6. David W

David W Well-Known Member

AA has updated their schedule and have extended MAX-related cancellations up to August 19th. http://news.aa.com/news/news-detail...rmation-About-737-MAX-Operations/default.aspx

If your flight is scheduled for a MAX flight, it'll either be cancelled or the aircraft changed. If your flight is cancelled by American, you can definitely request a refund.

In your situation where a MAX is scheduled but no changes/cancellations have taken place, you may not get a refund, though it's worth a try. You may have success in getting rebooked.