ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Is Sri Lanka safe to visit?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by John Ho, Jun 3, 2020.

1. John Ho

John Ho Reader

I know that there many cheap fares from Colombo and I would like to take advantage of them. The thing is that my parents think that Colombo isn't safe. Can I have some of your opinion?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Are you asking in terms of covid-19 or just generally speaking?

No Name and Tiffany like this.
  3. mike1977

mike1977 New Member

I spent several weeks traveling around Sri Lanka independently and felt completely safe. Regarding Colombo, there’s really not much to do there, I felt like one day was more than enough. But in general yes, you should consider going and not worry about safety being an issue.

Tiffany likes this.
  4. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Well the risk profile is quite different for an actual overnight/multiday stay in Colombo versus just connecting on 2 different tickets in the airport, just as it's in many countries.

Perhaps you can share a bit more what your plans are?