ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Is this routing valid?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by yaboobie, May 27, 2020.

1. yaboobie

yaboobie Member

on award hacker mle-icn shows a layover in doh or auh with AA miles. is this valid routing or will i need to separate tickets?

If this is indeed a valid, will AA allow mix cabin redemptions? mle-auh in biz and auh-icnin appartment?

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. RTBones

RTBones Active Member

The routing seems to be viable - you can certainly buy flights with cash on that route with Qatar and Etihad.

If, however, you search on AA's website, the routing from MLE-ICN shows you flying via CMB, KUL, and/or HKG. I havent tried with Expert Flier or via the BA website. If I search the segments seperately, what I get is flights on SriLankan via CMB, on Cathay via HKG, and Malaysian via KUL. If I had to guess, its two awards (separate locators).