ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Japan airlines changes

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Smitherine flyer, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Today, was notified that my JAL April flight no longer flies first class between NRT-JFK. We are trying to re route however it is now Liadon to Liadon.....Ben, did you know about these cutbacks? Cheers.

2. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Well-Known Member

There are 2 JAL flights a day from JFK to TOK, JAL 3 and JAL 5. Both now arrive at Haneda. I don't think there were cuts, but just switches from NRT to HAN. JAL 3 is still a 77W - perhaps JAL 5 was down-gauged to a 772?

I was supposed to fly F on JAL 5 in April - about 6 or 7 weeks ago I saw that I had been downgraded to J. I was able to switch to JAL 3, which has F but departs at 1:30 am (whereas 5 departs at 1:30 pm).

Not sure what "liadon to liadon" means - can you provide some more info?