ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Korean Air Skyteam upgrades

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Digicola, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Digicola

Digicola Reader

So I was looking through the korean air website to find their travel region chart and I saw they now have a category for skyteam upgrades and I was amazed to see a skyteam upgrade from europe to NA was only 35000 miles, so what gives ? Has anyone tried this ? The site doesn't have any information about what fare classes you need to be booked in.

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Given that a business class award is only 80,000 miles (round trip), and doesn't require you to purchase an expensive economy ticket (discounted fares aren't eligible for upgrades), it's not really a great deal.

Regardless, neither Air France nor Delta make a ton of inventory available to Korean, so it's a bit of a moot point, unfortunately.