ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status Krisflyer Elite Gold same as Star Alliance Gold

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kent, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Kent

Kent Reader

Hello Ben,

My name is Kent and I am from Toronto, Canada. I am currently a Krisflyer Elite Gold member with Singapore Airlines. As you know, Krisflyer Elite Gold is the same as Star Alliance Gold. I am trying to book a ticket among the Star Alliance airlines and I do not know which frequent flyer number should I should use. I have a few questions and I hope that you can answer these for me.

First question: How do other airlines within the Star Alliance circle recognize that I am holding a Star Alliance Gold membership?

Second question: if I were to book a flight from Toronto to Los Angeles with Air Canada, how do I let them know that I am currently holding a Star Alliance Gold membership with Singapore Airline?

I would like other airlines within the Star Alliance Circle know that I have the Star Alliance Gold Membership so that I can enjoy all the benefits that come with the Gold status.

Thanks,
    Kent

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Hi Kent,

As long as you enter your KrisFlyer number at booking on any Star Alliance airline, they will recognize it. You can also provide this at check-in at the airport.

OCTinPHL likes this.