ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Locating ATC Recordings

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Woodrow, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Woodrow

Woodrow Active Member

So I was on AA1659 last night (2/11/2020) from CLT to SFO and we were diverted to LAS for a mechanical issue, and met with fire trucks on the runway.

How can I go about locating the ATC recordings for this flight? I'd really love to hear the communications.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      565.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2 (2).jpg
      2 (2).jpg
      File size:
      835.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Ben Holz

Ben Holz Active Member

You can find some recorded ATC communications on https://www.liveatc.net/archive.php. Now, I don't really know whether the communications you're looking for between your plane and KLAS might have been with approach (in which case it seems to be NE) or with tower...

Woodrow and Tiffany like this.
  3. Woodrow

Woodrow Active Member

If this was between 630pm and 730pm, what times would I look for?

4. Ben Holz

Ben Holz Active Member

It seems like time needs to be given in GMT, so I assume you will need to be looking at 2/12 recordings from 2:30 am to 03:30 am.

Woodrow likes this.