ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Hotels Marriot points

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Ricardinho07, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Ricardinho07

Ricardinho07 New Member

Dear All ,

I would like to know if there is any chance of receiving Marriot points with a stay in a Marriot hotel booked through booking.com. It's going to be 8 nights so I don't want to loose these points.

Thanks,

Ricardo.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Most hotel chains will NOT give points when you book through a 3rd party. Typically only booking directly with them online, with their reps via phone or via a brick & mortar travel agent will allow you to earn points. So I would book directly with Marriott, for sure.

Ricardinho07 and Daniel B like this.
  3. Daniel B

Daniel B Active Member

What I have been doing with my Marriott bookings is that I access Marriott's website via the AAdvantage eShopping portal, and therefore I DO get some extra points. It of course varies, right now it is only 1 AA mile per $ spent, but in the past I regularly got 4 or even 10 miles per $ spent (in addition to the 10 Marriott point/$ spent, and the additional 5 Marriott points/$ spent when using my Marriott credit card). They both always post, just yesterday I checked.

Ricardinho07 and MidSouth Skier like this.
  4. Ricardinho07

Ricardinho07 New Member

Thanks !

5. Ricardinho07

Ricardinho07 New Member

Thanks !

Daniel B likes this.